- The 5K Start and Finish line are on the campus of Life Church in southeast Houston.
- The Kids 1K will be held on the church campus parking lot in a safe zone.
- FREE T-Shirts are guaranteed to all participants who are registered by January 31, 2018.
- Prizes will be given to the Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female finishers.
- Early bird registration until January 31, 2018. Cost will be $35 after Jan. 31. Online Registration ends on Wednesday, February 21, 2018. Race day registration will be available for $35.
Ima’s Home For Children (a 501c3 tax exempt, non-profit organization) opened in the summer of 2013 after several years of dreams and hard work. Currently, there are 70+ children in the orphanage with many more ready to be rescued. Proceeds from the Ima's Home 5K Run are used to fund the daily operation which includes food, shelter, clothing, education, attendants and management for these precious children.
We thank you for participating in this incredible endeavor of helping to save the lives of these young children. We feel there
is no greater calling than to help the helpless children of this world.
Finding Help for 400,000 Street Children
“For some families in the Philippines, poverty is so severe that they feel it is easier to just leave their children on the
streets rather than watch them starve to death in their homes. There are families who have so many children that
the oldest sibling (seven or eight years of age) is forced to the streets to beg for the rest of the family. Some are the
illegitimate children of young mothers who were either abandoned by their families or are street-children themselves.
There is also the cruel and endless cycle of other young children who are violated, victimized, and exploited while
growing up in the streets, only to give birth and perpetuate the next generation of street children. It is a seemingly
endless cycle of hopelessness. There are approximately 400,000 street children in the city of Manila alone and
hundreds more throughout the rest of the country, but Ima’s Home for Children promises to be an oasis of hope
for these hurting and lonely children. As you read this, ask God what you can do to be a part of this great mission.” - Pastor Jim Kilgore
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. KJV
Matt. 19:14 Jesus, however, said, "Let the little children come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom from heaven belongs to people like these." ISV